Tuesday 28 October 2008

AFRIKA/SHABBA/DUB/REGGAE SHOW

It being Black History Month this October, and because I had never done a show based on African, Shabban, Dub or even Reggae music, I thought it was a good opportunity to do one. So I did.
I had two lovely presenters STRAIGHT OUTTA UGANDA to help me along and educate me AND YOU about bits and bobs of AFRIKAN CULTURE!

You can download the MONSTER of a show (21st October 2008) right HERE
or perhaps listen to it somewhere here:







The playlist went pretty very much like this:
1. The Mad Professor – Dub Science
2. Jah Cure – Songs of Freedom
3. Tony Tribe – Red Red Wine
4. Lee “Scratch” Perry – Fire
5. Buraka Som Sistema - Sound Of Kuduro (feat. DJ Znobia, M.I.A., Saborosa & Puto Prata)
6. Busy Signal – Unknown Number (FEATURING STUDIO SING-ALONG)
7. Shabba Ranks – Mr. Lover Man
8. 1 Giant Leap – Daphne
9. Jeffrey Oriema - Kel Kwayo
10. Weasle and Radio – Zuena
11. Syren Hall - Somebody Come Get Me
12. The Very Best – Kamphopo
13. Brick & Lace – Love is Wicked
14. Chaka Demus - Tease Me
15. Bob Marley and Lauren Hill – Turn the Lights Down Low

Hope you liked it LOADS!

No comments: