Friday 28 March 2008

CLASSIC ROCK + PUNK + FUTURE CLASSICS SHOW

I have always confessed to knowing little about "classic" music, and I have always been ashamed of this ignorance. Therefore, for this special show, I managed to wangle an appearance by a local "expert" on Classic Rock and Punk (aka my friend Richard) in order to educate me a little about these things. I also took the opportunity to provide some suggestions for more recent songs and bands which I thought deserved to be seen as "classic" as well.
This was the most listened to show in all of Cambridge that week!
Subterranean Trawler = Number 1 etc...!

Download by clicking here: Classic Rock and Punk Show (20th February 2008)
or you can listen to it here:







The studio turned into a bit of a party by the end with four of us dancing about - was great fun!
This was the tracklist:
1. The Clash - Hateful
2. Bob Dylan - Positively 4th Street
3. Elliot Smith - The Biggest Lie
4. Modest Mouse - Out of Gas
5. The Cure - Friday I'm in Love
6. The Smiths - Please, please, let me get what I want
7. The Ramones - I Wanna Be Sedated
8. Pink Floyd - Brain Damage
9. Eels - Lone Wolf
10. Beck - New Round
11. Lou Reed - I'm So Free
12. The Kinks - Waterloo Sunset
13. Swan Lake - All Fires
14. Blondie - X-Offender
15. Gang of Four - Damaged Goods
16. The Velvet Underground - After Hours

Hope you enjoyed it.

No comments: